King Dinosaur Games
Based in Boston, Massachussetts
That Which Sleeps is a turn based strategy game in which the player takes on the role of an awakened evil from the world's past and must manipulate a living, reactive world from the shadows using a cast of unique corrupted Agents. The player must balance an aggressive approach utilizing his considerable power and eager hordes with the need to remain unknown to the Champions and Heroes of the world. You must be sure that when your name is again spoken by mortal tongues that it is spoken in dread, for it is too late to stop that which sleeps.
Work on That Which Sleeps began late in 2013, when we finally settled on a prototype for our first major release. The idea of allowing the player to finally take on the role of a shadowy, manipulative evil and scheme their way to victory was too good to pass up, and our early trial prototypes revealed it was as fun as we'd expect. We began running friends as testers early in 2014, and finally showed the world what we've been working on in June.
- Corrupt, conquer, charm, and manipulate - with a fully realized world driven by thematic AIs that follow their own interests you can pursue multiple paths to victory.
- Customize the world with your choices at the beginning of each scenario, choosing an Ancient Evil and selecting his origins and what dire deeds he has wrought on the world.
- Make difficult choices with limited agents, choosing to send your Prophet to rouse the orc hordes or beset Kings with maddening dreams will greatly change the flow of the game.
- Disrupt the Balance of Power by creating famines in the farmland, stoking the flame of old vendettas, or recruiting pirates to the sea.
- Watch the fame of your Agents rise and heroes will begin to hunt them down. Let them fall as scapegoats and keep your name secret, or imbue them with dark power and take the fight back to the heroes.
- Each action you take leaves clues behind that cunning heroes can decipher, eventually leading them to the truth. Kill or corrupt them before they find a receptive ear at court
- Make your own scenarios, old ones, and heroes in the in-game editor
- Native localization allows support for multiple languages
Development Log #5 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Our steam page steamcommunity.com.
Indie DB Page
Contains news and blog posts indiedb.com.
The best place to learn more about That Which Sleeps kingdinosaurgames.com.
About King Dinosaur Games
King Dinosaur Games was founded by two friends who decided that they just couldn't wait for the industry to get around to making the kind of games they wanted to play. With a focus on blending strategy, narrative, and theme we hope to create a unique fusion of game-play elements that don't currently get the attention we think they deserve. Our first release, That Which Sleeps, is a showpiece for our design paradigm and will hopefully encourage other companies to follow in the same stride.
More information on King Dinosaur Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
That Which Sleeps Credits
Lead Developer, Art, Design
Lead Designer, Content